Stroud District Council is an aspiring authority based in the Cotswolds offering a special place to live and work. Sustainability is at the heart of our ambitions for our place, our communities and our council. We were the first carbon neutral council and we continue to push ourselves and our influence to achieve more for our residents, businesses and workforce.
Are you looking for a new career opportunity in a fast developing, forward thinking and ambitious organisation? We have invested significantly in bringing our technology infrastructure up to date to support our modernisation agenda. This is a critical role; leading the ICT service to become customer centric, exemplars of agile product delivery and viewed as trusted advisors - providing thought leadership and design thinking in a digital age.
Demonstrating that you are an innovative, supportive, positive and flexible ICT leader with relevant experience within similar organisations, you will be able to lead the development of an ICT strategy and roadmap that enables our modernisation. The resources to achieve are available including full responsibility for a £2m Revenue and Capital spend and teams of ICT professionals delivering Service Desk, Systems Development and Infrastructure & Security.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual who understands balancing digital service delivery development with the emerging pressures of sustainable technology and can take the service to the next level. The successful person will:
- drive forward our technology programme that underpins our modernisation efforts including ongoing infrastructure and security improvements, business line system support, interoperability and development, digital product delivery (including digital platform implementation) and technology driven business change programmes of work including, office collaboration tools, automation, agile working enablement and support for commercial activities;
- be a highly motivated, ambitious and driven person who can successfully lead the ICT team to deliver outstanding services to its customers;
- work with colleagues across the Council to drive through modernisation, not stopping at implementation but actively enabling and supporting the adoption of new technology and ways of working to optimise return in investment;
- have significant experience of managing an ICT service and of working at a strategic level. Capable of leading the development of a pioneering sustainable ICT strategy, rooted in business needs and demands but absolutely making the most of the opportunities of new and emerging technology;
- have previously managed programmes of work, which have delivered significant business value and have a proven track record of defining requirements and implementing change; and
- have excellent resource management skills, able to design and prioritise work programmes and a proven ability to motivate staff to deliver at pace.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Caron Starkey, Director of Transformation and Change on 07866 142209 or email email@example.com
Telephone interviews: - 11th/ 12th November 2020
Online interview and technical test (for those going forward) - 18th / 19th November 2020.
Our Senior Team is under represented by people from BAME, Women and Disability communities and we are working hard to change that. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.