Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant – Park Walk Primary School
Job Title: Teaching Assistant – 1:1 SEN Support
School: Park Walk Primary School
Location: Kensington and Chelsea
Salary: Range A2 Scale 3-4 (£23,427 - £25,614 per annum - FTE) pro rata
Contract: Full Time – 36 Hours per week (term time only)
Terms of Contract: Conditional to the duration of the Statement and/or the child staying at Park Walk. Should either of these conditions change then the post will cease.
Park Walk is a happy and successful one-form entry community primary school. We are located just off the King’s Road in Chelsea, in an attractive and spacious Victorian building. Park Walk is currently recognised as a “Good” school by Ofsted and is on an exciting journey towards achieving our outstanding potential.
We are looking to appoint a teaching assistant to join our hardworking and skilled team. The role will be to support a pupil with a diagnosis of autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) and a Statement of Special Education Needs for communication difficulties. You will need to be an enthusiastic individual, who wants to support and assist in promoting the learning and personal development for this pupil and have a willingness to assist whole class teaching and learning.
The successful applicant must be:
• an excellent communicator with high standards of English and Maths
• prepared to plan and work independently
• able to use your own initiative
• positive, punctual, reliable and flexible
• someone who enjoys helping children reach their full potential
What we can offer you:
• a high level of support and commitment from our friendly and hardworking leadership team
• a staff that is committed to the children and their development
• children who are eager to learn in our creative and challenging atmosphere
• a vibrant, inclusive and culturally diverse school community
• a commitment to professional development
• a highly supportive Board of Governors
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and are an equal opportunities employer. Any offer of employment will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, satisfactory references and medical check.
Currently, we are not conducting visits to the school. However, interviews will be conducted on site and will include a tour of the school. Please telephone the school office on 0207 352 8700 and ask for Alannah Chatir, if you have any questions.
You can download the application pack on www.jobsgopublic.com
Email Applications to: email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 4th November – By Midday
Shortlisting: Wednesday 4th November – Midday onwards
Interview date: Thursday 5th November 2020