School Business Manager vacancy at The Cavendish High Academy
- Permanent contract
- 37 hours a week full time
- Required 1st January 2021 (or sooner, if possible)
- Salary range: SCP 36 - 41 £39,880 - £44,863
School Business Manager
Are you a calm, decisive, positive person?
Do you want to make a difference every day in your work?
Do you thrive on change and challenge?
Cavendish is currently a small single academy trust special school for young people aged 11-19 years. At the present time we have 96 students on roll. We are however oversubscribed and demand for places is exceptionally high and our numbers are projected to continue growing.
Due to the retirement of the current post holder The Cavendish High Academy is seeking to appoint a motivated, creative, dynamic, experienced and effective business manager to join our hard working and enthusiastic leadership team. It would be preferable for you to have an accountancy qualification. Our students are inspirational; it will be your job to play a leading role in the ongoing development and growth of our exceptional school, as well as helping drive forward the growth of our trust, for their benefit.
You will work at the heart of our Academy development providing professional leadership and supporting all elements of the work of the school.
Main purpose of the role:
- You will be responsible for managing the strategy and operation of the business functions of our school, including, but not limited to, financial management, ICT, health and safety and premises, human resources, compliance and administration.
- To be a fully active and participating member of the Senior Leadership Team contributing to strategic planning, ensuring the Academy makes the best use of its resources.
- To advise on and implement the day-to-day support that enables the school to operate effectively and efficiently, and that allows other members of the leadership team to focus on teaching and learning.
- To carry out the duties of Chief Financial Officer for the Trust.
- To work in collaboration to develop high quality systems and service
- To ensure prompt and efficient completion of monthly, quarterly and annual returns and accounts as required by the governing board and by outside bodies including the ESFA and Her majesties Revenue & Customs.
- To maintain regular liaison with the responsible officer, banks and auditors.
- Forecast future years’ budgets, based on the school’s estimated funding and trends in expenditure, to enable the principal and governing board to make strategic, long-term decisions
- Lead on procurement processes, negotiate, manage and monitor contracts, tenders, agreements and deals for the provision of services for the Academy, conducting due diligence, benchmarking and evaluating suppliers, and ensuring value for money
- Develop and implement the school’s fundraising and income generation strategy, choosing fundraising priorities in line with the school improvement plan
- Develop, review and implement effective risk assessment strategies, including business continuity planning, crisis management and health and safety, to mitigate risks to the successful operation of the Academy and to ensure a safe and secure environment.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day management of health and safety (H&S) within the school, working closely with the H&S provider
- To project manage any capital schemes, identifying appropriate funding sources, writing proposals for expenditure and liaising with relevant personnel.
- Take all decisions in line with the vision and values of the school, and encourage others to do the same
Prospective candidates are invited to request a phone (or video call) from the Principal to learn more about our school and this position.
Further details and an application pack are available on the school website vacancies page www.chs.academy or you can request them via e-mail from email@example.com
The Cavendish High Acadamy, Lincoln Close, Runcorn, Cheshire, WA7 4YX. Tel: 01928 561706
Closing date: Thursday 12th November 2020.
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 16th November.
The Cavendish High Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful you will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.crb.gov.uk.