We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK with over 45,000 homes across London, the South East and the Midlands, giving 90,000 people somewhere affordable to call home.
At Optivo we understand the difference safe, secure and affordable homes can make to people’s lives. We develop places with people not profit in mind and build homes and communities where people can thrive.
Job Title: Multi Trade Operative
Business area: Direct Services- Voids Team
Type of Contract: Permanent
Location: London & South East
Hours: 40 hours a week, Full time
Salary: £36,086 including company Van
Closing date for applications: Sunday 8th November 2020, 23:00pm
Interview dates: Week commencing 16th November 2020
The Multi Trade Operative is an essential member of the Direct Services Voids team, who works within a dedicated team providing a comprehensive, efficient and responsive property service delivery.
This role will involve carrying out general maintenance works, which include:
Waste clearances- recycling and garden waste from domestic properties and undertaking the removal of waste as directed from premises.
Locksmith duties- installing, replacing keys, fixing, re-keying or copying deadlock, doorknob, mailbox, cabinet furniture or electric combination locks.
Fencing- carrying out fencing work, undertaking installations on close board / panel fencing, levelling out grounds and installing concrete posts, undertaking repairs on voids properties.
Landscaping/paving- carrying out paving installation and repairs, block paving installation and brickwork.
If you have experience carrying out the above works! Please apply.
- A proven track record of working in Social Housing/Maintenance/Construction industry.
- Possess a relevant trade qualification and/or experience in relation to building, maintenance or technical background.
- A thorough working knowledge of all the statutory and regulatory rules and/or codes of practice that underpin the delivery of an efficient and effective property related direct labour service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to make sound judgements, find solutions to complex issues and problems, and identify and manage risk
- A valid UK driving licence and the ability to travel between sites and offices across all regions.
- Must be able to submit presentable and accurate paperwork including PDA database information as per requirements of the contract to establish works are carried out and coding costing information is obtained.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 23 days annual leave (rising 1 day for every completed year of service) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.