+ 5% Shift Allowance
If you enjoy driving, operating and maintaining mechanical equipment and want to work primarily outside, this is the job for you!
Cleaning and street cleansing are one of our core service deliveries, and we are currently looking to recruit 3 x Machine Drivers in to our service as part of our ‘Deep Clean Teams’. A high degree of physical effort is required as lifting of bags and other heavy objects are part of this role along with the use of a wide range of powered machinery such as strimmers, hedge cutters and moss removing machines.
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the borough and across a number of local sites by carrying out a range of cleaning duties.
- On occasion, you will support our wider streets cleansing and Parks litter picking teams when further work is required, being a visible part of maintaining the local area.
This is a full time, permanent position based on a 37-hour week as part of our 5/7 shift working pattern. These roles will include working some weekends and Bank / Public Holidays. All shifts will start at 07.30am.
The following experience is required for this role:
- You will need to hold an LGV driving licence. Any additional driving qualifications such as a CPC would be beneficial.
- Experience of using mechanical cleansing equipment
- Experience of outdoor manual working.
- Experience of using a range of powered machinery.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as part of a team.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Full uniform and PPE
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 09TH November 2020
Interview format: Question & answer panel interview
Formal route planning, vehicle defect and observation tests
Interview process will last for approximately 1.5hrs
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.