Looking for a challenging new role that offers excellent opportunities for training and professional development? Then look to Reading Borough Council. You’ll find a modern, open plan working environment, as well as an ambitious team of people who work together to make a positive difference for our communities. We can offer excellent benefits too – and as an organisation that’s focused on learning, you’ll enjoy all the support you need to build a great career with us.
Reading Borough Council is seeking an enthusiastic and tenacious Technical Assistant to be based in the Private Sector Housing Team.
About the role
As an urban area we are challenged with a large number of properties in the private rented sector in poor condition and a high proportion of licensable Houses in Multiple Occupation.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Private Sector Housing Team to assist in the delivery of the Private Rented Sector Action Plan which will include you visiting residential properties and businesses.
- You need to have excellent organisational and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure
- Desire to improve the housing conditions in the Borough.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information on this position please contact: Paul.Evans@reading.gov.uk
Closing Date: 08th November 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Interview format: Question & answer panel interview based on Job Description (3 panel members)
How long will the interview be for? 45 mins
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.