Supervising Social worker – Fostering
Help us be the difference for children and young people
Wirral is a great place to work. We are a supportive and nurturing council, committed to developing and progressing our social care workforce so that they can achieve their ambition and thrive.
Wirral children and young people are at the heart of everything we do. We want to make Wirral great for children and their families and we are looking for Supervising social workers to join our #bethedifference campaign to improve outcomes for children and young people.
In this role, you will assist in the recruitment and assessment of connected and mainstream foster carers, helping to create new families and homes for children and young people.
You will help to ensure that our children in Wirral receive the highest standards or care, completing high quality assessments, providing support at the right time and where it is needed and carrying out a range of other duties including:
- Providing supervisory visits to Foster Carers with children in placement in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensuring Foster Carers receive effective supervision which identifies training and areas of development.
- Undertaking additional support visits as often as is necessary.
- Support Foster Carers to attend professionals’ meetings involving our children in care.
- To support Foster Carers maintaining excellent records as required.
- To ensure that children’s placements are made and sustained which support our children to be healthy, happy and secure.
- To work with the children in placement to ensure that they feel safe and their views are heard.
- To work with Foster Carers to ensure their voice is heard and they work with the service delivery.
In this role you will have access to a range of learning and development opportunities provided by a dedicated Practice Improvement Team both to support your work with children and families but also to enable self-development and resilience building.
You will also be provided with the right tools and working infrastructure which will allow you to work flexibly around your own needs as well as the needs of children and families enabling you to maximise efficiency and meet tight deadlines without overburdening process and bureaucracy.
Here in Wirral we don’t just offer a competitive salary but a host of additional benefits which makes Wirral great. As an employee, you will be part of our collective family, involved in a programme of thought-provoking and relevant staff engagement events, led by visible leaders and managers. You will have access to a bespoke wellbeing programme tailored to the needs of Social Care employees and responsive to the challenging and difficult circumstances you encounter.
Do you want to help #BeTheDifference for children young people and families?
Click below and tell us why.
The successful applicant must have the ability to converse with members of the public and provide advice in accurate, spoken English
This post is subject to Enhanced Level DBS check.
Please note that in accordance with the Council’s policy, employees who are in a formal redeployment situation will be considered in the first instance for all vacancies.
Applications will be accepted until midnight on the closing date.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the specified date should we receive sufficient applications.
All applicants invited to interview must evidence their right to work in the UK.
The job description and other supporting documents will not be accessible once the vacancy closing date has passed so if a copy is required you should download it now.