Closing date for applications: Wednesday 25th November 2020 at 9am
Shortlisting dates: 2nd to 4th December 2020
Interviews will be conducted via video link on the 14th to 16th December 2020
What you’ll be doing
Optivo have an exciting new role and we are seeking an experienced Business Intelligence Developer on a permanent basis.
The role of the Business Intelligence Developer is to design, develop, test, support and administer software including databases concentrating on Business Intelligence, system integration or interface matters. You’ll be the lead developer on Optivo data warehousing and related software to meet our performance management requirements.
Additional duties include:
- Analysis of user requirements and design software applications to meet the user needs
- Work in accordance with current change control and test plan processes
- Manage, maintain and integrate assigned databases
- Produce and maintain system and configuration documentation
- Implement, maintain, fault find and rectify assigned software.
- Provide 2nd line support and give advice to users on the use of specified departmental systems.
- Administer database applications to ensure that they run efficiently
- Maintains an awareness of current developments in databases and business intelligence.
- Provides advice and guidance to colleagues on databases, data warehouse and business intelligence products
What you’ll need
- Degree or equivalent experience in a related technical subject.
- Demonstrate software development experience
- Detailed knowledge of database engines such as MS SQL Server (to engineer level)
- Detailed knowledge of data transformation services and methods
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse design and management g. Star Schemas and Snowflake design
- Knowledge of Data Lakes
- Knowledge of database integration tools
- Experience of other databases such as Progress, Access and Informix
- Experience of designing, developing, maintaining and supporting Corporate Relational Databases.
- Detailed Knowledge and practical experience of Business Intelligence tools such as COGNOS reporting suite
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) annual leave plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.