Compliance & Fire Safety Officer (Temporary for 12 months)
Salary: Starting from £35,745 to £38,890 per annum
Grade: Grade 7
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Portland House, Worthing
Closing Date: 26th November 2020
Adur Homes are seeking a Housing Compliance and Fire Safety Officer to join the Adur Homes team. As a Housing Compliance and Fire Safety Officer, you will help to make sure our housing is safe for our residents, which makes your role critical.
You will work in collaboration with the Fire Safety Manager and the Compliance Manager to ensure that we comply with all relevant legislation in relation to compliance activities, asbestos management and fire safety regulations.
As the Housing Compliance and Fire Safety Officer, you will be responsible for:
● Carrying out inspections to monitor the standard of our contractors workmanship
● Keeping our records up to date and maintaining our databases
● Reviewing asbestos reports and providing guidance to colleagues
● Commissioning of asbestos surveys and other related work
● Carrying out reviews of fire risk assessments
● Providing regular reports and updates
● Taking decisions on asbestos and fire-related issues and escalating where necessary
While technical knowledge is crucial, you’ll need to be good with people too. Happy dealing with residents, contractors and colleagues, you’ll know how to build relationships, solve problems creatively and express yourself well.
The successful candidate will have experience in a range of compliance activities, be fully IT literate and have experience of implementing, maintaining and reviewing administrative systems.
This post is for a 12 month initial period that may be extended.
Does this sound like you? For an informal discussion about this post, contact Jemma Seaton, Fire Safety Manager.