We are looking for Bank Night Care Assistant. Hours of work are 10pm – 7am weekdays and 10pm – 8am weekends.
Mallow Crescent comprises of a cluster of eight modern houses in Burpham (near Guildford) providing Supported Living and Short Breaks services for people with learning disabilities.
We use a person centred approach to support individuals with daily living tasks, personal care, access to leisure pursuits, education, skills development and social networks within the local community. We are looking for people who are motivated and committed to improving individual’s lives and have a desire to empower and promote independence.
You do not need any other formal qualifications to apply for Night Care Assistant positions, you simply need to have the right values:
- Understanding the needs of people with learning disabilities
- Respect for the cultures and beliefs of the people we support
- Resilience and emotional intelligence to handle challenging situations
- Be adaptable but able to follow guidelines with a consistent, person centred approach
- To support the personal, practical, and social/emotional care of residents, enabling them to meet their individual needs.
- To administer medication in accordance with the care plan, medication records and departmental policy and procedures.
- To undertake continual appropriate record keeping, including completion of personal care records, medication records and care plans.
- Carry out domestic duties as directed and/or appropriate
- To undertake all duties in accordance with departmental policy, procedures and practice, including health and safety at work.
- To promote a positive image of the service by attaining a high professional standard and approach at all times.
- To develop the appropriate skills and knowledge of care by attendance and participation in supervision, monitoring meeting and training courses.
- To undertake any duties of a similar level, as directed by the Residential Homes Manager.
You will receive full induction training as well as the opportunity to undertake further personal skills training under regular staff supervision. You will complete the Care Certificate within 12 weeks of the start of your employment and there are opportunities for further development available.
For more information please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification.
For an informal discussion contact Valentin Ivanov or Jan Paling on 01483 455879 or by e-mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes on 29th November 2020 with interview dates to be confirmed.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
An enhanced DBS 'Disclosure and Barring Service' check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and Adults' Barred List checks will be required for this role.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.