About the Role
Here at Reigate & Banstead Borough Council, we are looking for 2 Covid Support Officers to join the team on a fixed term basis to provide support, advice and encouragement to businesses and the general public to achieve compliance with Covid-19 related legal obligations and best practice. As part of the role you will visit premises such as shops, pubs, restaurants, hair & beauty salons to assess existing Covid-19 controls and offer advice on any further improvements needed, and to provide information and advice on relevant financial support that may be available to businesses and individuals.
You will also be available as a point of contact and engagement for members of the public in Town Centres and other areas of high footfall, to support everyone to adhere to COVID-19 secure regulations and guidance.
Risk assessments are in place for all site visiting elements of the role.
About the Person
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent communication and engagement skills;
• Experience of interacting with the public and businesses in a public facing role;
• Good knowledge of the law around Covid-19 requirements and guidance in commercial premises;
• Experience of assessing practical situations and advising on conditions found;
• A strong supportive and advisory approach;
• Excellent time management skills;
• Sound IT skills and be able to produce clear reports and case records; and,
• An alignment with our organisational behaviours of being Positive, Supportive, Flexible and Innovative.
In exchange for your expertise, experience and enthusiasm, we will offer support in continuing your personal and career development, in addition to providing a wide range of employment linked benefits.
We provide you with competitive annual leave, and contribute 15% towards the LGPS pension scheme. You will also have access to a range of discounts including local and high street stores, and salary sacrifice schemes including a cycle lease scheme, and ‘Better’ leisure centre membership.
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Katie Jackson, Environmental Health Manager, on 01737 276309.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer, supporting the guaranteed interview scheme for disabled and ex-armed forces candidates, who meet the essential criteria for the role.
Closing date: Sunday 29 November 2020
Interview date: Tuesday 8 December 2020
Values and Behaviours
Our great working environment and the values and behaviours of every individual and team in the Council, help to evolve the culture of our organisation to become more commercial, innovative and embracing of change. Successful applicants to our career opportunities will be able to demonstrate they share the values and behaviours we seek in our organisation.