(Whilst the majority of our employees are currently working remotely in accordance with government guidelines, we do endeavour to return to our Head Office in Harrogate as soon as we are safely able to do so, where this role will be predominantly based)
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
We are currently looking for a Data, Evidence and Policy Manager to join our team in Harrogate on a 12 month maternity cover contract.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with service to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
If you have strong experience of working with health-related data, this is an exceptional opportunity to support the ongoing success of Yorkshire Cancer Research.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Data, Evidence and Policy Manager, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As the Data, Evidence and Policy Manager, you will lead and manage the Data, Evidence and Policy Team.
Through the collection and analysis of cancer-related data, you will ensure your team are the cancer knowledge hub in the charity.
Your duties will include:
- Understanding the Yorkshire cancer landscape and evidencing this by collecting and interpreting regional and national data
- Estimating and monitoring our impact and estimating the potential future impact achievable by the charity
- Supporting the development and delivery of our strategy
- Producing cancer-related policies and using these to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining and establishing relationships with key stakeholders across Yorkshire and nationally
To join us as a Data, Evidence and Policy Manager, you will need:
- At least five years’ experience of working with health-related data (or national and local data for another disease area)
- At a minimum, three years’ experience of managing a team in a health data-related role
- Experience of developing and maintaining strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Previous experience of estimating the impact of planned/proposed activity against strategic aims
- Proven experience of analysing and interpreting data and evidence from a range of sources in a way that derives actionable insights and tailoring these insights for different audiences
- Experience of policy development and influencing external stakeholders
- A degree level qualification in a relevant field (such as those covering policy development, cancer or other diseases, public health or data analysis)
Knowledge and an awareness of the cancer services landscape and publicly available cancer-related data would be desirable. A master’s degree in a relevant subject would also be beneficial but is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Data and Evidence Manager, Healthcare Data Manager, Healthcare Policy Manager, Insight and Analysis Manager, or Lead Data Insight Analyst.
The closing date for applications is the 29th November 2020.
The charity is a responsible and flexible employer and an individual’s circumstances would be considered and balanced against the needs of the charity. We welcome any discussions for flexible working at interview/offer stage.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Data, Evidence and Policy Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.