Van Driver (with general kitchen duties)
Fixed Term Contract / term time only - initially until 31st March 2021
Centrally Based – South Sefton
17.5 hours per week
Sefton Catering Services
Sefton Catering Services provide high quality meals to most of the schools within Sefton and are looking to recruit a temporary van driver who will also take on general kitchen duties.
The post will be for a fixed term period initially until March 2021.
As a driver you will be responsible for covering the position of existing post holders during absences, following a set routine delivering school meals to several local primary schools in the area, collecting post and moving light equipment when required.
When driving tasks are not needed you will work at a base within a kitchen in Sefton, as part of the team performing general kitchen duties and light food preparation.
Hours may vary dependent upon the driving route to be covered but predominantly 10.30 – 2pm, Monday – Friday, term time only. There may be some overtime within this role, so a certain amount of flexibility is necessary.
The position does require a degree of heavy lifting. Please bear this in mind before applying for this position.
Are you our ideal candidate?
- You are polite, smart and well presented
- You may or may not hold any previous driving experience but are able to follow a set route within the required timescale, accurately checking items for delivery at each stop
- Be confident driving a vehicle up to the size of a transit van
- Have a clean driving license
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Kitchen experience would be useful but not essential
The post requires a Food Hygiene Certificate (training will be provided)