Part-time School Staff Instructor, Combined Cadets Force (CCF) and Extracurricular Administrative Officer
REQUIRED from January 2021
7 hours to be worked each Wednesday (9.00am-5.00pm), 39 weeks per year
Actual Salary – Scale 6, spine points 18-20, £5,016.00 -£5,198.00 per annum plus a Voluntary Allowance for up to 51 days per year paid by the Ministry of Defence.
La Retraite is a highly successful, diverse and over‐subscribed girls' 11‐19 Roman Catholic VA comprehensive school with a strong reputation for all‐round excellence. We achieved a second ‘Outstanding’ OFSTED judgement in all categories in 2013. The school is in the Trusteeship of the Catholic Archdiocese of Southwark and is located in Lambeth.
The Governors invite applications from individuals with solid administrative experience. Experience of working in a similar role is preferable. The key aspects of the role are:-
- To provide administrative support for the La Retraite and our partnership School, Streatham & Clapham High School CCF Contingent (Royal Navy) Section so would suit either an ex service senior NCO or someone with a Cadet Force background due to the nature of the work required.
- To support a positive Catholic ethos, which recognises the dignity of the individual and is reflected in the day to day life of the school
- To contribute to raising standards of student achievement and support
- To work as part of a whole-school administrative team in carrying out general administrative and clerical duties as and when required so that essential back-up services are given to the school population
- To effectively manage the day to day administration of the Contingent, liaising with the Royal Navy in G1, G4 and G7 maters.
- To support the Contingent Commander with day to day management of the Contingent and management of the CCF calendar
- To support the Contingent in the effective and efficient organisation of training, administration of training and the ability to organise and run external training events with the Cadets.
We are in a good location 10 minutes’ walk from both Balham and Clapham South tube stations and near a number of key bus routes.
If you should have any queries please contact Ms Clarke, HR Manager, on the above e-mail address. Visits are encouraged and can be arranged by email (email@example.com) or by telephoning Ms Clarke on 020 8673 5644.
Closing date is Monday 30th November 2020 and Interviews are expected to be held before 18th December 2020
The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
La Retraite RC School is committed to safer recruitment and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.