Surrey County Council is currently looking to recruit to an exciting and rewarding senior role in the Contract & Supplier Management Team within Procurement.
We require a Framework Manager on a 9 month secondment or fixed term basis who can manage a high level of framework management activity for property, assets & infrastructure on behalf of the contracting authorities and public organisations.
This person will be responsible for the management and development of two crucial Orbis Frameworks that provide procurement routes for property, assets and infrastructure projects. These frameworks operate for and across all three Orbis councils as well 15 other third party contracting authorities. The frameworks facilitate vital asset development and improvement and include working with national and regional suppliers, consultants and contractors.
Between them these frameworks facilitate over £65 million in councils’ spend per annum and will need to be efficiently and effectively managed to deliver potentially higher levels of spend during the next 6 to 9 months until the frameworks are due to terminate in July 2021.
Current areas of focus and responsibilities for this role are:
Value Assurance: facilitating Value for Money procurement for councils through property, assets & infrastructure projects
Contract & Commercial Advice: on best routes to procure projects and providing reliable advice & guidance particularly on future procurement mechanisms
Social Value: driving participation and monitoring delivery of Social Value as required by these frameworks
Future Strategy: Helping the sovereign authorities to analyse the performance of the frameworks to inform future strategies
The framework Manager will lead, manage and develop the Orbis Professional & Technical Services (PTS) and Orbis Construction Frameworks in partnership with all stakeholders. This will include relationship management with suppliers, contractors as well as council and third-party contracting authority Client Officers.
- Ensure all service providers are engaged and on board with KPIs, Social Value and any other framework specific requirements
- Generate any information required for users of and service providers on the framework, through the production of guidance documents and advice
Framework Management day-to-day:
- Ensure the framework objectives are being met
- Manage and maintain any direct award/call-off on rotation tracker document
- Manage and maintain framework documents and information
- Manage and maintain relationship with service providers
- Monitoring and reporting on Social Value and KPI as required to stakeholders
- Lead on the promotion and marketing of the framework to other Contracting Authorities
- Monitoring and reporting on framework compliance of the service providers
- Monitoring and reporting on service provider capacity
- Support the Strategic Procurement Managers and Sourcing Solutions Team (SST) in the use of the framework
- Monitor the use of the framework by all contracting authorities and framework service providers to ensure compliance with the processes.
- Feedback to the service providers their performance, Social Value and KPI data
- Regular re-validation of framework service provider’s contact details, insurances and commercial status.
- Undertake financial health check on suppliers.
- Design & undertake a plan to engage suppliers, contractors and Client Officers/Project Managers from all contracting authorities.
- Undertake site visits to projects as appropriate
- Attend industry events to ascertain best practice and facilitate networking and relationship development
The successful applicant will:
- Ideally have a proven track record of similar framework management (although not essential) and/or contract management as well as building and maintaining the relationships necessary to deliver successful outcomes.
- have experience in contract, commercial and project management, ideally in or related to the sector but not essential
- be experienced in contract types commonly used in construction and property/asset consultancy and have a practical knowledge of legal terms, contract structures and pricing strategies
- be able to consolidate large volumes of data from various sources and undertake detailed analysis to generate reports on framework performance, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- be an excellent and succinct communicator and have superb stakeholder management skills
- be able to engage with suppliers and key internal project team members located across multiple geographical locations
- have the ability to share and embed best practice in both specific service areas and across the wider organisation
- be dynamic, articulate and confident in front of Directors and Council Members
This is an exciting opportunity to manage a significant and essential service for Orbis with a challenging but rewarding level of responsibility.
For more information, please find the full job description attached below.
For an informal discussion contact Lee Redmond on 07881282704 or by e-mail at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 26/11/2020.
Interviews will take place virtually week commencing 30/11/2020.
Please note that Surrey County Council’s headquarters, where this role is currently based, will be phasing a relocation back into Surrey to support our Community Vision 2030. Flexible and agile working is fully supported in this role.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 26 days annual leave (pro rata) and a generous local government salary related pension. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.
Our values are what support our vision, shape the culture and are crucial in delivering our corporate strategy.