We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced driver to join our team as a Delivery Driver and Support Officer.
This role offers a great opportunity to work flexibly, managing your own workload while delivering a vital service for our residents as part of our recycling and refuse team.
What the job will involve
The jobholder will be responsible for:
- Carrying out and managing the delivery and collection of bins and sacks in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Logging all deliveries on our online system, so must be comfortable using a tablet.
- Managing our stock of rubbish, recycling and garden waste bins and sacks.
- The quality and cleanliness of our bins.
- Carrying out minor repairs to bins, where required.
- Ensuring our storage area is safe and clean.
What kind of person are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Be physically fit and happy working outdoors in all weathers.
- Enjoy working as part of a team, while also being confident working alone and managing their own workload for most of the time.
- Be able to communicate clearly with colleagues and managers.
- Ideally have maintenance experience which will be useful when repairing any broken bins.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please contact Claire Cooney on Tuesdays to Fridays email@example.com 01883 732982