Hightown Housing Association Limited is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire providing a wide range of housing and support services for families and single people including people with special needs.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
The Tenancy Sustainment Assistant role is a fixed term contract until 31st March 2021.
The Tenancy Sustainment Assistant will be responsible for providing a highly professional customer focused service to Hightown`s tenants to support them to establish and sustain their tenancies.The Tenancy Sustainment Assistant will support people from the initial stages of their tenancy to help them understand their roles and responsibilities as a tenant, and how to sustain their tenancy. They will also support those at risk of eviction to reduce the likelihood of eviction.
The duties will include providing signposting and referrals, making applications for charitable grants, and information and support on a range of issues relating to tenancy sustainment. The Tenancy Sustainment Assistant will work closely with Hightown`s Financial Inclusion Officers to promote income maximisation for tenants.
- To assist tenants to set up and maintain their tenancies, including signposting to support to furnish and equip their home
- To provide information and referrals on a range of issues, including, but not limited to mental health and wellbeing, education and training, and employment
- To liaise with Local Authorities regarding tenancies at risk, including making referrals under the `Commitment to Refer` initiative
- To work in partnership with relevant external agencies and to take part in external groups relating to tenancy sustainment and homelessness prevention
- To produce a monthly outcomes report relating to tenancy sustainment activity
For the role of Tenancy Sustainment Assistant, we are looking for individuals who have awareness of key stakeholders and partners and have the ability to use own initiative in dealing with a variety of people.
You must be computer literate with a good understanding of Microsoft packages and the ability to make logical decisions after evaluating available options.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £23,625pa for a 35 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Closing date: Wednesday 2nd December 2020
Interview date: Wednesday 9th December 2020
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.