Suttons Primary School
Suttons Lane, Hornchurch, Essex RM12 6RP
Tel. No. 01708 443393
Learning Support Assistant (LSA) – Intervention Support
Hours: 27.5 hours x 39 weeks per year (pro rata)
Salary: Grade 1/2 Point 1-5 (£13,179 - £14,154 p.a)
Commencing: 4th January 2021
Suttons Primary School is a vibrant emerging two-form entry primary in the heart of Hornchurch. We opened our brand new state of the art school building in January 2017. We have strengths in Music, Drama, French and the Arts. We are committed to supporting children’s emotional wellbeing.
We are looking for a committed and passionate Learning Support Assistant who strives to give children the best start in life. The successful candidate will have experience of working with pupils with ADHD, ASD, Learning Difficulties or Emotional Behaviour Disorders and/or experience of working in mainstream classrooms and delivering intervention programmes.
The successful applicants will be expected:
- To take every opportunity to develop pupils' language, reading, numeracy and related skills as directed by class teachers;
- To assist in recording systematically the progress of individual pupils in accordance with school procedures;
- To monitor pupils' performance and use results to further support work with pupils;
- To give oral and written feedback to pupils on their attainment and progress in order to promote further progress;
- To work with the teachers to identify and respond appropriately to pupils' individual needs, assisting pupils in areas of specific difficulty;
- To be enthusiastic and self-motivated and be able to work as part of a team;
- To share a drive and commitment to work in partnership with children, staff, parents and other professionals; and
- To support pupils in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom.
We can offer:
- excellent continuing professional development;
- supportive staff who are receptive to new ideas and initiatives;
- enthusiastic and well behaved learners;
- a welcoming French speaking school where children are happy, safe and well-behaved;
- friendly and dedicated staff, parents and governors;
- strong ICT provision to support and extend learning and assessment;
- a supportive leadership team; and
- a very well-resourced school.
For more information please refer to the school website for further details: www.suttonsprimary.co.uk
Please apply online.
Closing Date: Friday 4th December 2020 - 9am
Interview Date: Wednesday 11th December 2020
Please be advised that applicants who are shortlisted will be required to teach a lesson as part of the interview process.