Pinnacle Group provides people-first, integrated services across a range of community-facing assets and infrastructure – including multi-tenure housing, schools, open spaces, public buildings, utilities and broadband networks – as well as a range of complementary employment and wellbeing outcomes. Across the UK, Pinnacle supports over 300,000 homes, 200 schools and 80 public buildings creating value, providing stewardship and generating positive outcomes for our customers, our partners and our clients.
Our Homes business serves communities by providing trusted housing management solutions. We take a collaborative and commercially minded, yet socially principled approach across our portfolio of Affordable, Private Rented and Leasehold properties.
The Role - Income Officer
The main purpose of the role is to undertake a range of income collection duties relating to rent and service charge income; to provide a coordinated, flexible, and effective income collection service.
You will be responsible for achieving and maintaining lowest possible levels of current rent and former tenancy arrears and ensure we maximise income recovery.
- To ensure that excellent customer service standards are achieved, and core business objectives and performance indicators are met.
- To carry out all tasks in accordance with the Councils policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for achieving individual targets and contributing to overall targets for the income service.
- To effectively reduce all accounts in arrears to meet monthly targets. This will include producing arrears reports and letters, communicating with residents and drafting instructions for legal possession proceedings, serving Notices, home visits, applying for direct payments, attending court on behalf of the Council and providing appropriate advice and support to enable residents to sustain their tenancies.
- To identify residents requiring specialist welfare benefit or financial inclusion advice and make referrals to the Welfare Advice & Financial Inclusion Manager.
- To communicate and liaise effectively with the Local Authority regarding Housing Benefit claims, with the DWP regarding Universal Credit claims, with social services and any other relevant agencies.
- To respond to arrears correspondence and provide information in an appropriate format to the Income Manager or Contract Manager to enable replies to formal complaints concerning rent arrears.
- Preferably a Professional housing qualification.
- Experienced in using Orchard and Academy housing management systems.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of welfare benefits specifically Universal Credit
Pinnacle Recruitment (Services) strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from anyone regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, age, trade union activity, marital status, religious belief or sexual orientation.
We are Armed Forces friendly. We welcome applications from ex-Armed Forces personnel, reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses/partners.