Job Title: Social Worker / Senior Practitioner
Location: Based at Farnham House, Stevenage but post is County Wide
Salary Range: £32,234 - £39,880 pa (pro rata for part-time)
Hours: 18.5 per week
We are actively recruiting for a part time Social Worker/ Senior Practitioner within the Adoption & Fostering Recruitment Team. This role involves responsibilities such as assessment of prospective foster carers and adopters , delivering high quality training on a regular basis , attending open recruitment events and being a part of a team duty system.
Ideally, the successful candidate should be experienced within family placement work and approach work with enthusiasm and creativity.
As well as the chance to develop your skills and contribute to this well rated service, you will benefit from fantastic facilities, excellent training opportunities and attractive benefits including generous leave and a healthy work/life balance.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Social worker to join the Adoption & Fostering Recruitment team as a Social Worker / Senior Practitioner on a permanent basis and to gain varied experience in adoption.
The Social worker/ Senior Practitioner role will involve:
- Initial assessment of prospective adopters in Stage 1
- Involvement in the Duty system on a rota basis
- Delivery of adoption training
- Support of prospective adopters through the process
This is a varied and challenging role where candidates are expected to have the following:
- You will need to be social work qualified registered with SWE, be familiar with the Adoption standards and have knowledge of adoption regulations and legislation.
- Experience working with children looked after and adopters.
- Good organisational and analytical skills
Closing Date: 29th November 2020
Interview Date: 9th December 2020
For an informal discussion and more information please contact: Michelle McLaughlin (Michelle.McLaughlin@hertfordshire.gov.uk)