New Scotland Hill Primary School is looking to recruit an enthusiastic one to one SEND teaching assistant. This role would be to support a child in our nursery setting under the guidance of the nursery lead practitioner and SENDCO.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of working with EYFS or KS1 children
- Has a passion for supporting children to make progress
- Has a knowledge and understanding of how children, particularly those with SEND, develop
- Is patient, persistent and has a positive attitude
- Works well as part of a team
- Has initiative to make learning fun
- Has a calm and caring personality
- Can implement a personal care plan
It would be desirable if you also had:
- Knowledge of ASD
- Worked with alternative forms of communication such as PECS or Makaton.
Fixed Term Contract from January until August 2021 (will be reviewed again at that time)
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, though will currently need to be conducted following social distancing guidelines (either out of hours , or during the school day with limited indoor contact ; the school office will advise on guidelines and protocols for visiting school when booking appointments to visit).
For any querires please contact Paul Brill on 01344 772184 or firstname.lastname@example.org