We seek to appoint an organised and highly motivated Design and Technology Technician and Sixth Form Assessment supervisor to join this popular and oversubscribed mixed secondary school. The role is varied and interesting and the successful applicant will support the teaching and learning needs of our students.
You will need to have Maths and English at GCSE grade C or above or equivalent. Previous experience is desirable, but not essential as relevant training will be provided.
The post involves the following:
- Supporting practical lessons in the department
- Supporting the teaching staff in all areas of Design and Technology
- Supervising student learning activities
- Working as Sixth Form Assessment lesson supervisor
- “Let’s Get Cooking” Club – until 5pm on Mondays
Candidates should possess excellent personal, organisational and communication skills and the ability to use basic computer programmes such as Microsoft Word/Excel.
What we offer:
- High expectations for all members of the school community
- Supportive staff within the school and amongst the Trust
- A Happy environment in which to work
- Benenden Healthcare membership
97% of staff in a recent Staff Survey said that they are made to feel welcome
at Thomas Aveling and that behaviour in the school is good
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 7th December 2020
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found
The Thomas Aveling School is an Equal Opportunities Employer – committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students – any offer of appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for all successful applicants.