Contract: Initially fixed term for this academic year
A rare opportunity has arisen to join Lordswood School.
Lordswood joined the Griffin Schools Trust (GST) and is part of a family of 13 schools spread across the country with a commitment to providing high quality education. It is a two form entry primary school with a nursery that supports the community, offering both 15 and 30 hour funded provision. The school is set in an impressive building offering a bright, modern learning environment. There is a Local Authority run Wellbeing Centre located in the school providing support for families within the community. All children experience exciting, active learning opportunities within a creative curriculum, with access to a vast number of free extra-curricular activities.
The school is extremely well regarded in the local area and in January 2019 Ofsted rated the school as Good, with outstanding provision for developing pupils’ personal development and welfare. "School leaders share an ambitious drive for improvement. They have an unwavering desire that all pupils will achieve well".
We are looking for:-
- A qualified HLTA, graduate or an applicant with previous experience of the year 6 curriculum, to work with upper KS2 children.
- A HLTA who is keen to work as part of a team.
- A passion for raising the achievement of all children.
- High expectations of pupil achievement and behavior.
- An effective communicator with staff, parents and children.
- A HLTA who can provide and maintain a stimulating classroom environment that promotes children’s learning.
The successful applicant will be required to:-
- Supervise/cover whole classes or groups at times, initially in years 5 and 6.
- Collaborate with teachers/managers to organise and teach classes and contribute to planning in the planned absence of a teacher including PPA.
- Provide the children with a safe, secure and well organised environment.
- liaise with parents, carers and senior staff.
- Contribute to planning, observations and reports.
- Work as part of a highly motivated, professional team.
- Provide high level, good quality support for children in the classroom, during playtime and lunch break.
Lordswood School is committed to safeguarding all children and as such any appointment will be subject to receiving an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and should currently be arranged through the office email.
Closing date: 4th January 2021
Successful candidates will be contacted regarding an interview