Are you someone who is passionate about making online customer journeys as easy as possible?
We’re looking for a talented UX / UI Digital Design Specialist to join our Business Change Team and help improve our online experience. We're taking steps to strengthen the digital services we provide and increase their use by our residents and communities. Integral to this will be an understanding of how to put customer needs at the centre of digital design and how to ensure digital services are accessible and easy to use across multiple device types.
You will be part of a new directorate leading on a fresh approach to how we work with our customers and how we use data and user research to deliver effective digital service transformation. If you are commercially-driven and socially-minded and you want to work within a strong, forward thinking like-minded team you should seriously consider joining us.
What you’ll be doing:
• Using data, insight and iterative user testing to understand customer problems so you can design improved or new digital user journeys that are easy to use
• Working on all aspects of mobile and web design from paper prototyping and initial concepts to wireframes and beta design
• Helping develop digital style and branding guidelines to ensure high design and accessibility standards across digital services
• Bringing a knowledge of best practice UX / UI to evolve our digital design process to consistently improve digital customer experience in the future
We’d love to meet someone with:
• Experience using web analytics and usability testing tools
• Experience using data to inform design decisions - how to gather the right insight to guide designs effectively
• Ability to research and design across multiple device types
• A proven track record of designing high quality digital services focusing on user needs
• Proficiency with relevant design software, such as Photoshop
• Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with other teams to understand the ‘so what’ behind requirements
• Ability to think creatively to improve digital services as well as customer experience
• Ability to function as a self-starter with strong communication skills, able to communicate recommendations, clearly, concisely and compellingly to senior stakeholders and the wider business
• Adaptability, flexibility and able to multi task
• Commitment to continuous development of digital UX / UI design and pro-active engagement with insight networks
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: 14/12/2020, 11pm
Interview date: TBC
For an informal discussion, please contact: Nicholas Spencer, 07917 211507