Catering Services, Schools and Children Services
£11.20 per hour. The salary advertised is for full time work, the positions offered are part time and term time, actual salary will be adjusted proportionately.
Raglan School Kitchen
Part time (30 Hours a week)
Term time (38 weeks per year)
The purpose of the roll is to represent and promote Enfield Catering Service. To ensure Food Standards, Catering Mark, Food Hygiene, and Health and Safety Regulation are followed and maintained. To work with the Unit Chef Manager to meet the pre-set budgets for food purchases and labour. To supervise the kitchen operations in the absence of the Unit Chef Manager. To assist in the management of the catering team. To assist the Unit Chef Manager in placing orders, stock taking, retrieving data on meal numbers, using the cashless system. To be the point of contact in the absence of the Unit chef Manager.
In order to be considered for a Cooks position you will need:
- NVQ Level 1 & 2 in Catering, or equivalent.
- Experience in the delegation and management of staff
- Experience in the catering industry
- Able to demonstrate a high level of cooking skills
- Experience in maintaining quality
- Experience in engagement with customers/clients
- Basic IT Skills, (Outlook, Word, Excel, internet)
- A good level customer care skills and communication.
- Able to demonstrate effective oral, written and numeracy skills
- Confidence and the ability to manage the kitchen in the absence of the Unit Chef Manager
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate which will need to be maintained
- Good Knowledge of Health and Safety
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23:50 Friday 11th December 2020
Interview date(S): TBC
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or email me at Vickie.firstname.lastname@example.org
. The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post “This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.