Rise Park Academy Trust
Rise Park Junior School
Annan Way, Romford, Essex RM1 4UD
Telephone: 01708 761935
Executive Headteacher: Mrs C. Fox
1:1 Learning Support Assistant to support a child with medical needs
Hours: 22.5 hours per week (8:30am - 1:00pm)
Grade: APTC 3 points 5-6
Salary: £22,185 - £22,587 full time equivalent salary per annum
Contract: Temporary with named pupil
Start Date: 4th January 2021
Rise Park Junior School is part of Rise Park Academy Trust, where children are well behaved and keen to learn. Staff are friendly and supportive within a welcoming, aspirational environment.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic learning support assistant (LSA) to join our successful team to work with a named KS2 pupil throughout morning lessons and in the lunch hour.
Applications are welcome from candidates with experience of working with KS2 children and are qualified, or working towards, NVQ2 level or above - NVQ3 is preferable.
The successful candidate will be:
- Able to support the medical needs of the pupil. Experience of using a feeding pump is preferable although training will be given.
- Experienced in working with pupils with additional learning needs.
- Able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs.
- Proactive, well organised and willing to work collaboratively with the class teacher and other LSAs.
- Able to engage and enthuse the named pupil to participate in lessons.
- Passionate about supporting all groups of children in order to enhance the quality of their learning and raise pupil achievement.
- Flexible and able to work well as part of a team.
- Able to foster pupil independence through supporting improvement in their knowledge, skills and understanding
A first aid qualification is desirable but not essential, as training will be provided.
Please apply online.
Closing date for applications: Friday 11th December 2020
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 14th December 2020
Please assume that if you have not had any acknowledgement of your application that you have not been successful.
The position is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Rise Park Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Rise Park Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer.