The Frances Bardsley Academy for Girls
An 11-18 Academy with Visual Arts Specialism
Romford Essex RM1 2RR
Executive Headteacher: Mr J. Dutnall LLB, BA, MA, MBA
Tel: 01708 447368
Numbers on roll: 1425
Salary: Scale 3.5 – 3.6 (£22,185 - £22,587)
Hours: Full time, 36 hours a week, 52 weeks a year
Working hours: 8:45am to 4:30pm (hours may vary)
The Frances Bardsley Academy is a thriving, oversubscribed and highly successful, comprehensive school for girls aged 11 – 18 in market town of Romford. We were again judged as good by OFSTED in 2019 and are part of the LIFE Education Trust.
Exam results are strong at both GCSE and A level.
As founding school of the dynamic LIFE Education Trust we work collaboratively with schools in Havering and Essex and are fully committed to the LIFE vision: “Dare to Achieve.”
We believe in helping staff and students achieve their personal best and are keen to recruit the very best talent for our Trust. If you share our passion for challenging, improving and making our schools the best, we’d love to hear from you.
We seek to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated ICT Technician with excellent Microsoft Server, Windows and organisational skills. Knowledge of VM Ware, SCCM, Windows Office to join our team in a busy working environment, previous experience in a similar role may also be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be working alongside the Head of IT Services and an ICT Technician providing day to day ICT support to students and staff.
What we can offer
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to progress
- The chance to work in a fantastic school community set in beautiful grounds
- A well experienced, qualified and forward thinking staff
- Opportunities for professional development
What you can offer
- Enthusiasm and passion for Excellence
- Ability to travel between schools within the Trust
- Ability to support the management of all networks in the Trust.
- Ability to Identify and fix any problems that occur on the network
- Ability to plan effectively to enable multi-tasking
- Ability to complete weekly backups
- Ability to maintain technical documents
- Ability to respond to helpdesk jobs
- Ability to motivate and inspire colleagues and students and assist staff and students with any IT Support requests
- Ability to install and maintain school ICT equipment
- Ability to setup & Support AV equipment
- Ability to successfully work in a team with fantastic communication skills
- Ability to be flexible to suit the needs of the School
- Organisation and efficiency
- A sense of humour
Experience of working with the SIMS database is desirable, full system requirements can be found within the supporting job description found on our website.
Please submit a copy of the school’s application form, which can be found on our website, together with a letter of application and supporting paperwork, to Julian Dutnall, Executive Headteacher by 9.00am Thursday 7th January.
Interviews will be held promptly.
To find out why we are so proud of Frances Bardsley Academy, visit our website: http://www.fbaok.co.uk/or check us out on twitter.
The Frances Bardsley Academy is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.