The Governing Body of St. James Church of England (VC) Junior School are looking to appoint a visionary, motivated and inspirational leader to be the Head Teacher who will continue to drive the school forward to outstanding.
The chosen person is someone who will desire excellence from every child and seek to motivate every pupil to achieve success at every level.
Our vision and focus
- James is a school where we ‘Aspire to excel in knowledge, faith and love’ through the practice of our four Cs – consideration, courtesy, care and cooperation.
- We seek to develop confident, independent learners, with enquiring minds, a lifelong love of learning and a thoughtful and compassionate approach to life.
- We focus on creating a vibrant community where every person is valued and is encouraged to make their own contribution to creating a better society.
- We are a two- form entry school situated on the same site as the feeder Infant School. The LA could revert St James back to a 3-form entry school if there is a rise in the birth rate.
- We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community.
- We are offering an exceptional opportunity to become the new Headteacher of our diverse, inclusive, and accessible school with:
- well behaved and hardworking children who enjoy learning and achieving
- a committed and highly skilled teaching and support team who are always looking to improve and provide the best possible learning experiences for the children
- a community that shares and supports the Church of England foundation of the school which is expressed in our Christian vision and values
- a supportive Governing Body who know, challenge and champion the school
- Ofsted judged us to be good in 2017
- the support of a Head Teacher mentor for a year
- the support of a professional Bursar
We are looking to appoint an excellent practitioner:
- Who has a passion for education with a sound understanding of current trends and initiatives
- who will be committed to leading curriculum development and thereby securing the very best outcomes and well-being for our children
- Who will encourage and promote high expectation for our children’s personal, social, academic and spiritual development
- Who will fully embrace the diverse community
- Who has successful experience in a senior leadership role and a proven track record of leading school improvement
- Who will promote positive relationships with parents, carers and our community
- Who will continue to develop positive relationships and partnerships with the Diocese of Chelmsford, LA, Newham Learning and our extended school community
- Who will fully support and promote the Christian vision and values of our school while appreciating and respecting the diversity of our religious community.
Governors invite all interested candidates to view the school before applying.
Visits can be arranged by contacting Sharon Davis at the school by calling 020 8534 4030 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
St. James Church of England (VC) Junior School is an equal opportunity employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All our staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment. All posts are subject to satisfactory DBS, qualifications, and reference checks.
Closing Date: 4.00pm 18th January 2021
Short-listing: Wednesday 20th January 2021
Interviews: Thursday 28th January2021
Start April or September 2021