The Adoption Team is looking to recruit a Business Support Officer to be part of our administrative team, to carry out specialist and general administrative duties to support our friendly and busy team of social workers.
This is an office based permanent part-time position of 15 hours per week with hours able to be worked flexibly by negotiation.
This role involves the use of computer databases and software packages as well as dealing with enquiries from clients.
For further information please contact Pascale Davison, Service Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, organised, confident and experienced administrator to join our friendly adoption team.
Alongside another full time Business Support Officer, you will be offering administrative support to a team of social workers involved in recruiting, assessing and supporting adoptive families and matching them with children who need new homes. You may also have a role in supporting our 'Letterbox' service which enables adoptive and birth families to keep in touch by letter.
You will be involved in answering telephone and email enquiries, database recording, organising and minuting meetings, dealing with some payments and supporting social workers in their general duties as required. It is important that you have the ability to communicate empathically and effectively in person, by telephone and in writing and to manage an evolving workload using your time-management skills.
Here is what our Business Support Officers say about working in Families Children & Learning:
“The diversity of duties is what attracted me to the role”
“Supporting my social workers, I get a lot of job satisfaction doing this job – feel like I am really involved and helping families”
Key skills you can offer:
- A flexible, adaptable approach and an ability to multi task effectively according to business priorities
- Ability to deal with confidential information tactfully and with discretion
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in business support duties and working as part of a team.
- Competent in working with Outlook and Microsoft Office packages.
- Inputting and retrieval of data on service based IT system
Our offer to Business Support Officers:
- Career average pension scheme
- 23 days leave a year, rising to 27 days after 5 years service
- Being an active part of group supervisions
- 1-2-1 support from your Line Manager
- A program of learning and development opportunities through our Learning Gateway
- An online toolbox of resources to support the work of the Business Support Officer
- Peer support from other business support colleagues across the service
- Benefits such as: bus ticket and cycle loans; reduced cost gym membership with Freedom Leisure
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.