Pinnacle Group provides people-first, integrated services across a range of community-facing assets and infrastructure – including multi-tenure housing, schools, open spaces, public buildings, utilities and broadband networks – as well as a range of complementary employment and wellbeing outcomes. Across the UK, Pinnacle supports over 300,000 homes, 200 schools and 80 public buildings creating value, providing stewardship and generating positive outcomes for our customers, our partners and our clients.
Our FM business delivers Facilities Management to homes, public and private sector bodies including Registered Providers, schools, universities and blue light statutory authorities. We pride ourselves on placing people at the centre of what we do, while maintaining our values of high quality and excellent customer care.
Purpose of Role
The overall aim of the caretaking role is to ensure that the internal and external school facilities are available, fully functional, H&S compliant and aesthetically pleasing where this fails within the remit of the caretaking team.
- Ensuring security integrity of the school buildings and grounds through locking and unlocking, patrols, monitoring third party lettings
- Carry out day-to -day duties according to daily schedule, ie littler picking, sweeping, refreshing toilets
- Respond to emergency situations such as floods, bodily fluids
- Respond to request for collection of parcels, movement of furniture rearrangement of rooms
- Carry out minor repairs and decoration works
- Participate in cleaning/deep cleaning activities as and when required
- Daily visual checks of BMS, boiler and hot water functioning Monthly pest inspections
- Weekly checking and clearing drains, gullies for blockages
- Visual checks of sports equipment weekly
- Monthly meter readings
- Weekly Fire Alarm point checks Weekly test of Fire Alarm System
Hours of work (3 week rota)
Wk 1 07.00 - 16.00 Mon – Fri
Wk 2 08.00 – 17.00 Mon – Fri
Wk 3 10.00 – 19.00 Mon - Fri
- Range of general handyman skills such as general DIY skills, minor plumbing, carpentry and electrical
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Good communication skills in relation to managing relations with the school, communicating with external service providers, and reporting deficiencies to management
- Proactive nature with the ability to work in a team and share knowledge
- Willingness to learn new skills and undertake training to develop role
As this role will involve working in schools the interview will include questions regarding safeguarding and confirmation of appointment is subject to completion of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
We are Armed Forces friendly. We welcome applications from ex-Armed Forces personnel, reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses/partners.