Chef De Partie
Reporting to: Head Chef
Start date: January 2021
Location: ARK Burlington Danes ( All Through)
Contract: TERM TIME ONLY Flexible as the service demands dictate with a ‘normal’ day being: 36 hrs/week, 40 weeks/year. There is also an expectation that shifts should be altered to oversee service in the evenings, on bank holidays and some weekends.
Salary: Ark Support Staff payscale, Inner London, Band 4, Point 3 £22,002 pro rata (Actual salary: £17,128 per annum)
As Chef de Partie, you will lead the team responsible for ensuring a consistent, high-quality food and meal service that meets the needs of ARK BURLINGTON DANES Academy. You will prepare, cook and present food, to school standards, under the direction of the Head Chef and the Chef Manager.
* Assisting in the serving and clearing of all food, beverages and associated utensils
* Assist in the planning, preparation and cooking of meals and special functions
* Requisition supplies for area of responsibility
* Ensure that food is prepared in accordance to DUE DILIGENCE and with School’s Hygiene Procedures, e.g. temperatures are recorded, samples are taken, foodstuffs are stored safely and hygienically and a food production plan is completed
* Ensure that dishes are produced and costed to required standards of quality and presentation for service
* Instruct General Catering Assistants in food production methods
* Ensure that work area is maintained in a clean and hygienic state at all times
* Adhere to the School’s Hygiene, Health and Safety policies
* Complete statutory health and hygiene training,allergence trainings and examinations
* Demonstrate good standards of customer service
* Assist with stock control/stock taking
* Coordinate and anticipate with last minute operational request eg. Hospitality ,events & functions etc
* Receive, check and safely store supplies
* Punctuality (time keeping)
* Carry out other tasks as directed by the Catering Manager or Head Chef
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.