Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have a turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager to join our retirement leasehold flats scheme, overseeing the general running of the scheme and ensuring the common areas of the estate are maintained to a high standard.Accommodation is provided.
On a day-to-day basis, your role will be varied and busy; you will ensure daily contact with each resident, keep records up-to-date, and establish and assist in obtaining the care and support needs of each resident.
Your role will also involve:-
- Interviewing prospective residents, encouraging residents to participate in community activities
- Overseeing the smooth running of the communal facilities.
- Dealing with petty cash in accordance with the Associations procedures.
- Providing reports to the Housing Officer on residents welfare, activities and any problems arising in the running of the scheme
- Report to the Housing Officerand causes of damage or breach of lease.
- Report repairs to the Associations maintenance depart and to carry out post inspection of repairs.
- Supervise contractors and liaising with residents to arrange access to premises.
- Making recommendations for the annual estate service budget.
- To actively participate in estate staff meetings
- To undertake cleaning of communal areas as required
In return for your hard work and commitment,we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £22,719 pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract plus bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
To apply for this position please click the `apply ` link below and complete an online application form.
Closing date: Thursday 14th January 2021
Interview date: Thursday 21st January 2021
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.