See and feel the impact you make. Be supported to own and take action.
Each day brings new challenges and we have to react to the demands of our clients and help them move into affordable housing. These are just some of the things you will be supporting us to do when you join us. You are going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work and change lives for the better.
To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it’s like working in our team…
The Housing Register section is a very busy team who work hard to provide an extensive and responsive service to clients who are on the Housing Register List. As a Housing Allocations Assistant, you will help deliver a service to clients and by working closely together with colleagues to achieve the right results. You will be involved in varied and challenging work daily and no two days are the same.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- To assist in the administering of the Housing Register including assessing on-line applications by making them active if eligible or by closing them if they are not.
- To ensure the necessary documentation is in place to enable customers to bid for a property on BFC Mychoice.
- Liaise with applicants and home seekers to advise them of the outcome of their registration of interest in BFC Mychoice.
- To assist applicants in bidding for social housing on BFC Mychoice
- Carry out general clerical and administrative duties.
- To maintain contact with customers as necessary.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Full training
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we’re looking for…
You should have excellent communication skills, a strong customer focus and have the ability to work with customers with complex needs.
Interviews will be held on TBC
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Name: Mrs Lisa Jones
Job Title: Senior Housing Resources Officer
Phone Number: 01344 351351
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.