Children's MASH Deputy Team Manager
Salary:MM1 £38,946 to £49,818
Full time (36 hours), Permanent
We are looking for three permanent, full time Deputy Team Managers (DTMs) to join our highly skilled and fast paced Children’s MASH (Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub) team.
The role involves supporting the MASH team manager to ensure the daily running of the service and ensuring the following primary tasks are achieved every day:
- All new referrals screened and a decision about next steps made on the same day of referral receipt.
- Ensuring urgent safeguarding risks are identified promptly and escalated to the relevant team on the same day if a child is identified as being at risk of significant harm.
- Directing and supporting MASH social workers and care coordinators to gather multi-agency information to make an informed decision about risks and appropriate avenues of support.
- Supporting supervisees and other MASH staff to complete high quality, analytical recordings that are based on the Signs of Safety risk analysis framework.
The candidate should have previous background in at least of of the following areas:
- Working within a MASH team either as a Manager or Deputy Team Manager.
- Working in Referral & Assessment team as a Manager or Deputy Team Manager.
- Working in a statutory multi-agency social care setting as a Manager or Deputy Team Manager with supervisory responsibilities.
The following criteria is essential:
- Able to work to conflicting deadlines and within very short timescales, typically 4 to 24 hours.
- Competent report writing skills.
- Clear verbal communication skills.
- Competent and confident computer skills.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight 14th January 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Michelle Ferdinand on 020 8132 1513 or Bernadette Eugene-Charlery on 0208 132 0300 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.