Contract: Full time, temporary for twelve months
Salary: HBC5 (£22,183 - £24,491)
The Governors of St. Bede’s Catholic Junior School wish to appoint a a highly motivated and suitably experienced Office Manager, to take responsibility for the planning, development and implementation of the financial and administrative services within school with immediate effect.
We are looking for a School Office Manager who:
- is well educated, with a minimum of GCSEs in English and mathematics (grade C or above). Higher level qualifications are desirable;
- has experience working in an educational office environment, ideally in a supervisory role; · has experience of a wide range of financial responsibilities;
- has experience of using school administrative and financial systems, including Capita SIMS, and SIMS FMS, however training will be provided;
- has experience of the development, management and operation of administration systems;
- has excellent interpersonal skills, is highly motivated and has the ability to work well under pressure;
- has a flexible approach to work combined with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team is essential;
- has excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Is fully competent in the use of IT packages, with experience of using Microsoft Office;
- is friendly and approachable with a welcoming and professional manner;
The ideal candidate will also have experience of school business functions, including budget management, human resources, premises management and health and safety, although this is not essential. Opportunity for career development for the successful candidate
Visits to school are welcome. Please telephone to make an appointment (0151 424 3386).
Shortlisted candidates will be required to demonstrate their skills in an ‘in tray’ exercise.
Closing date for applications: 9.00 am, Friday, 15th January, 2021
Shortlisting: Friday, 15th January, 2021
Interviews: Monday, 18th January, 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure Certificate.