The successful applicant will:
- Advise the Council on relevant government legislation.
- Research policy issues and where appropriate produce reports and briefing documents.
- Support the development of a new approach to community development in the Borough, including the arts.
- Support the development and implementation of the Council’s Corporate Plan.
- Ensure that the Council is meeting its duties under equality legislation
- Develop the Council’s approach to performance management.
- Ensure that the Council is meeting its duties relating to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Support the development of the Council’s approach to consultation and engagement.