Waltham Forest Virtual School Deputy Headteacher
Salary Scale: Teachers’ Pay and Conditions L8-L12
Children are at the core of the Council’s vision and strategy, with the well-being of the children in its caretaking top priority.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Head of the Virtual School to join our experienced and dynamic team. This is a high-profile role and requires an innovative approach to delivering the service and achieving excellent outcomes.
The successful applicant will lead on monitoring, tracking and planning interventions to raise attainment and progress for Waltham Forest’s children in care and outcomes for our care leavers to improve their life chances You will work as part of an integrated team approach with social care and partners in other services across the community. With a breadth of experience and expertise across education, with a particular focus on secondary and post-16, you will be highly skilled in providing challenge, advice and support to schools, social care teams and foster carers.
The successful applicant will report to the Virtual School Head Teacher and will be responsible for the line management of the small Virtual School team.
You will have:
- QTS with SEND, school improvement and leadership experience
- Experience of working with vulnerable children and a good understanding of the issues affecting the outcomes of children in care and care leavers and experience of implementing strategies to improve outcomes
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to care and a good awareness of the latest national political picture
- Experience of working effectively with a wide range of stakeholders within educational settings, the community and local authorities
- Excellent leadership, communication and management skills
- Experience of working in a Virtual School would be an advantage
If you join us we can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a team committed to improving outcomes for children in care
- The opportunity to develop leadership skills and contribute to policy development across disciplines
- Professional development and supervision
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
For queries about the post, please call Fay Blyth, Virtual School Headteacher on 020 8496 3927.
Closing date 22.01.2021
Waltham Forest and its partners are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.