Job Title: Supervising Social Worker (Shared Care)
Salary Range: £27,741 - £34,728 pa
Hours: 37 per week
* Are you passionate about improving the life chances of disabled children?
* Do you have awareness of the needs of disabled children, young people and their families?
* An understanding of management and child development would be desirable
* Do you have good assessment skills, an ability to engage and communicate with children and carers and an understanding of safeguarding
The Shared Care Team is the in house service provider for family and community based short breaks in Hertfordshire, providing carefully matched placements to disabled children, young people and young adults in the 0-25 Together Service, who we work closely with alongside the fostering service.
An opportunity has arisen for a Social Worker to join the team, you would support the carers in providing placements for young people that enable the development of their independence skills and increase their opportunities to take part in the local community. In addition, short breaks also provides for the young person’s family regular breaks from the caring role with a consistent, trained and trusted individual or family.
In return, you will join a small but highly committed team working to expand carer numbers, particularly to meet the needs of children and young people now accessing the service via the short break local offer (SBLO), as part of the newly developed wider service. The team is extremely caring and flexible working positively with a supportive management team who are forward thinking and encouraging of personal development and training opportunities.
Responsibilities also include:
* Support carers to provide direct care
* Ability to identify issues of concern and raise accordingly
* Ability to follow identified procedures with ongoing training and guidance
This role requires the candidate to have access to transport to undertake regular visits to carers and families. In addition some evening and weekend work is necessary to facilitate the support and supervision of carers and placements, training and recruitment events.
Closing Date: 21st January 2021
Interview Date: 1st February 2021
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Safeguarding: Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information Click Here
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Diversity: We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce
Driving Roles Only: As part of this role, you will be required to travel to other HCC Sites/Residences either using your own mode of transport or a company car. In light of this, the ability to drive and/or travel around the County is required for this role and a DVLA check will be required on appointment.
Why Hertfordshire: Watch our ‘Why Hertfordshire’ video. Our staff use their own words to tell their story and share their experiences of what it is like working here. Take your next step in your career.