Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
Hillingdon's Educational Psychology Service (EPS) have recently reviewed their service offer with an aim to further improve and develop the model of service delivery offered to the Hillingdon community. Hillingdon are seeking a motivated, innovative, and appropriately experienced individual to undertake the new Principal Educational Psychologist (PEP) role.
About the role
Our Principal Educational Psychologist positions offer a competitive salary from Soulbury Scale B, point 11-14, plus the opportunity to progress through three SPA (Structured Professional Assessment) points.
This is a unique opportunity to join Hillingdon's Educational Psychology Service in a leadership position as they to help transform and develop the new service offer. The role will help to extend the breadth and depth of the Educational Psychology Service income generation opportunities, by making a significant contribution to the overall innovation within the Educational Psychology Service.
The PEP will initially work with a range of commissioning partners (including health, social care, voluntary sector and schools), in line with statutory and departmental policies, to ensure that the Local Authority achieves best value for money across all provision and make recommendations for improvement, where appropriate;
You will also deputise for the Assistant Director for SEND and Inclusion when required, representing the SEND & Inclusion portfolio of services and providing a key strategic role.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills, strong partnership working, and innovative solutions to support service delivery.
Regular and effective supervision and CPD are provided to ensure that our EPs continue to meet high standards of practice and can demonstrate that they meet criteria for continued HCPC registration.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.