Early Years SEN Practitioner
(0-4 years) for Children with Autism/Social Communication Difficulties.
£25,137-£26,520 (pro rata term time 44 weeks).
School House, Lathom Junior School, Lathom Road, London E6 9DU
Come and join the Language, Communication and Interaction Service, our exciting and dynamic team of specialist teachers, speech and language therapists and SEN practitioners, working together as part of the borough’s Specialist Education Support Service, to support to young children with social communication difficulties and autism.
About the job
· The opportunity to work directly with young children with autism/social communication difficulties at a time when early intervention is most significant
· Liaising with staff to model strategies and providing advice
· Supporting parents
· Developing resources for parents and educational settings
· Delivering training to parents and education staff
· Working with other agencies to ensure an integrated offer to settings, children and families
We are looking for:
· Enthusiastic and motivated people
· Experience of working with children with SEND is essential, in particular those with autism or social communication difficulties
· A commitment to supporting the inclusion of children with SEND in all settings
· Practitioners with good organisational skills, who can take the initiative and are able to manage their own time effectively
· A professional attitude to your work and excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work as part of a team
· NNEB, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualifications
What we can offer you:
· An exciting, dynamic approach to supporting young children with autism/social communication difficulties
· Excellent CPD opportunities
· A clear support and supervision structure
· Committed, supportive colleagues and a friendly working environment
The team is based in an easily accessible location in Newham and the work is borough wide.
If If you would like to know more about the post please email Rachel Warry at firstname.lastname@example.org or Kari Askey at email@example.com with a phone number and they will call you back as soon as possible
Closing date: Monday 1st February 2021
Please View Early Years SEN Practitioner Job Description
The London Borough of Newham is a Disability Confident employer. Candidates who declare that they have a disability in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and meet the essential criteria as specified in the Job Profile will be guaranteed an interview.
Priority consideration on all advertised roles will be given to London Borough of Newham Redeployees.
The London Borough of Newham is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable groups and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) check will be required for any position with access to these groups under the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
In addition, the Authority reserves the right to request employees undertake a basic disclosure check (Disclosure Scotland) where required for the role this includes anyone who has access to (or information obtained directly from) a government database, or has a GCSX account. These posts will be required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland check as per the requirements of BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standards).
Please attach your supporting statement, explaining in no more than x2 A4 sides why and how you meet the criteria for this role.