Through the Early Help System, we will work with children, families, and young people to help ensure that every child, family and young person is supported to achieve his or her potential. The foundations for future mental health, emotional control, intelligence and parenting ability are all set in place in the early years and the home surroundings, family life and parenting are all important factors in determining positive outcomes for children in the future.
For more information, please visit our dedicated website.
About The Job
Salary: £20,903- £22,183
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Interview Date: 01 February 2021 (Microsoft Teams)
Here at West Sussex County Council, what we do changes lives.
We are looking for an analytical and organised individual to join our Data and Performance Team where you will collect, process and analyse a range of Data. You will be a problem solver in order to support strategic and operational responsibilities and have a calm approach to working under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
To be successful you will ideally have had previous experience of working with Data. You will be a dynamic multitasker who is able to assess and prioritise your workload in a rapidly evolving and demanding working environment. You will be reliable, efficient, and flexible, with great attention to detail and passionate about work to support families and vulnerable children.
So, if you enjoy processing, analysing and evaluating reams of data, and like investigating data anomalies, then this could be the job for you.
Experience and Skills
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to research, organise and analyse data from a variety of sources and produce information with minimal guidance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to report analysis and findings clearly, concisely and accurately for a range of audiences in ways that promote understanding.
- Sound problem solving skills with the ability to identify and analyse issues with recommendations to inform business decisions.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and plan own workload to meet deadlines and targets.
- Highly computer literate with sound IT skills in order to manipulate data and produce reports, for example using spreadsheets, databases etc.
- Ability to interpret a range of complicated information and provide commentary and explanation of the information, within a directed context.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- A Level or equivalent qualification or experience in relevant subject.
- HND/Degree Qualification in a relevant subject. Desirable
- Demonstrable experience of producing detailed and articulate analysis of management information in order to inform business decisions.
- Demonstrable experience of using a particular system, e.g. Excel, to produce information using statistics and graphical tools.
- In-depth and significant practical understanding of data management, including collection, processing, provision and analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of the theory and principles of data management.
- Knowledge of the development of databases and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of specific management systems, specific databases or data analysis programmes (i.e. PowerBI) - Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
You will receive 23 days annual leave, with the ability to buy more and access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.