Job Title: Senior Support Worker
Location: 90 – 92 Chambers Grove, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 4FQ
Salary: £20,903 - £25,481 plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non-contractual) * subject to criteria, plus enhancement for working nights
Hours: 37 hours
THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WORK PATTERNS THAT INCLUDE WEEKDAYS, WEEKENDS AND BANK HOLIDAYS INC CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR
Chambers Grove is a supported Living service for adults with learning disabilities, associated physical disabilities and dementia. We work as part of a team to enable people to live as independently as possible in their community. As part of that team you will support them by giving both practical and emotional support. In return we’ll give you all the training, support and development opportunities you need to make the most of this rewarding role and achieve your individual goals in life.
About the job:
- To support service users, in line with their support plans, including people with complex emotional and physical needs to maximise and maintain their independence.
- You will be confident in leading shifts, delegating tasks and deal with issues as they arise.
- Promote good practice, undertake medication duties, including administration and recording
- To be responsible for handling of service users finances in line with support plans.
- Support service users to maintain their home environment
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support.
- To carry out formal supervision and annual appraisals in line with HCC Performance Management and Development Scheme.
- Experience of supporting people with learning and physical disabilities and have either gained NVQ/QCF level 3 qualification or equivalent
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers, social work teams and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
As part of the application you will be required to complete a pre-determined test on a computer and provide a full supporting statement detailing your suitability based on the requirements of the role detailed on the job outline, as we are unable to accept applications without these.
If you would like to arrange a visit or would like an informal chat about the role, please feel free to call Karen Evans or Anne Oughton on 01707 395871
Closing date: 26 January 2021
Interview date: TBC