Post: COVID RESPONSE PROJECT MANAGER Ref: CRPM
Salary: Up to £42,000 pa - Initial one year fixed term contract
The Borough of Broxbourne is in south east Hertfordshire, with a population of 96,000. Being located so close to London and the M25, the Council has a wider impact on the whole area than you would usually expect for a District Council.
We are leading the local COVID initiatives in partnership with the County Council and are heavily involved in assisting with the setting up of vaccination centres, contact test and tracing activities as well as providing ongoing advice and guidance.
We are looking for an experienced and skilled Project Manager to ensure the Council is able to deliver the best COVID response to its residents it is able to. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- driving and overseeing the delivery of project objectives, ensuring they are clearly defined and deliverable within agreed timescales
- coordinating, supporting and assisting in the daily management of staff in the different COVID response teams
- ensuring the quality of the service delivery of each team
- ensuring that the officers in each team are fully aware of the latest legal, guidance and procedural updates
- work closely with the Head of Environmental Health and Licensing and other senior managers to communicate ongoing progress
To apply for this post, you will need to demonstrate that you:
- have experience in leading and contributing to a wide range of projects
- have good team management and communication skills
- have experience of working with a diverse range of individuals at different levels within different organisations and engaging with them, finding ways to overcome obstacles to get the job done
- be experienced of working within, or have knowledge, of the public sector
- be adaptable to changing circumstances and quick to disseminate new information in a simple way to others
- be able to work flexibly – which may involve home or office working in accordance with government guidelines.
- have a current, valid driving licence
The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in fluent English is essential in this post.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free membership to the Council’s local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council’s website.
Application forms must be submitted online by Sunday 7 February 2021 (quoting the above reference).
Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: email@example.com