Boughton Heath Academy is part of Cheshire Academies Trust, a multi-academy trust (MAT) established in 2015. Trustees and governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and dedicated Academy Principal following the current Principal’s transition to becoming the full time CEO.
Reporting to the CEO, the Academy Principal will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership and management of the academy and will lead a talented and hardworking team of teachers and support staff.
The successful applicant will take the lead role in ensuring the continued success of the school. Boughton Heath has a reputation for academic excellence and a strong wider curriculum. It has been consistently in the top 10% of schools for its academic attainment and there is a strong vision for the future of the school.
We are seeking a Principal to:
- provide strategic leadership for Boughton Heath, promoting a vision and direction that will ensure high quality education for all its pupils
- ensure the school is managed and organised to fulfil its vision
- have the highest expectations for teaching and learning
- put the pupils and their learning at the heart of every decision made, so that all pupils achieve their highest standards of attainment and the school contributes fully to each pupil's educational and personal development - intellectually, physically, socially, culturally, emotionally and morally
- to be committed to safeguarding and the welfare of all pupils, in a nurturing and inclusive environment
As a successful candidate we will offer you:
- the opportunity to work in close partnership with the other senior leaders across the Trust as well as the local governing body and school leadership team
- a positive and creative staff committed to achieving the very best for our pupils, actively involving children, parents and other external partners
- the chance to make a real difference at a time of development and change, and have your own impact on the future strategy and direction of the school
- a commitment to further professional development to support you in your career
The Governing Board strongly encourages you to apply if you:
- have proven ability to inspire and lead, whether at Principal level or extensive experience at deputy level, with strong leadership skills that motivate and inspire staff and pupils to achieve the highest standards
- can develop a clear strategy and vision for raising achievement for all pupils, and thus continuous improvement of the school
- believe passionately that every child can achieve their potential - and more
- have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, and will use these to support the Governing Body in raising the profile of the school
- have the capacity to coach, mentor and inspire staff and to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- are an excellent practitioner, with a creative and child-centred approach
- have experience of change management and proven capacity to lead and implement change and improvement
- can provide strategic financial direction and have experience of budget management and monitoring
- have experience of overseeing safeguarding and implementing a strategy for inclusion
Cheshire Academies Trust and Boughton Heath Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all staff, volunteers and governors to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check and section 128 check.
Visits to the school are positively encouraged and can be arranged by appointment. Please contact Mrs Sonja High at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
Boughton Heath Academy places the highest priority on the Safeguarding of Children; all applicants will follow a stringent vetting and induction process.
Walk rounds: By appointment only.
Closing Date: 12pm on Monday 22nd February 2021
Shortlisting Date: Monday 24th February 2021
Interviews will be held on: 1st and 2nd March 2021