Achieving for Children is an award-winning social enterprise created by Kingston and Richmond Councils in 2014, expanding into the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead in 2017. We are responsible for delivering the entirety of children’s services in all three local authorities.
Achieving for Children has been up and running for four years, and in that time, we have established a reputation as one of the leading children’s services providers in the country. We are one of the Department for Education’s eight ‘Partners in Practice’, tasked with leading improvement across the sector.
We are looking for an experienced social worker to join our Independent Fostering Agency (IFA) in the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a permanent stable team with reliable and consistent support through one to one and group supervision. In addition you will have access to Achieving for Children excellent training and development package.
The role requires you to have good assessment, communication and report writing skills, and the motivation to achieve excellent standards in contributing to the continuing development of our service. You would be expected to demonstrate good interpersonal skills that you would continue to develop and maintain in your role. This would express these skills in your work with your colleagues, foster carers, the children and young people in their care as well as with other agency partners.
As a Fostering Social Worker you will be expected to:
- Have a good knowledge of legislation relating to fostering National Minimum Standards and Fostering Regulations.
- be able to support and supervise foster carers.
- Manage a caseload.
- Complete Form F, Special Guardianship and Connected Carer (Reg 24) assessments in accordance with our fostering services policies and procedures and within timescales.
- Undertake annual fostering reviews of allocated carers.
- An ability to present at fostering panel.
- Complete and update Personal Development Plan.
Social workers for the Fostering team need to be committed to helping to make a difference to the lives of Children and young people in our care, as well as an ability to demonstrate the following:
- You will be required to hold a professional qualification (DipSW/CQSW/CSS or equivalent) and be registered with Social Work England.
- Have relevant experience in fostering.
- Good IT skills.
- Highly motivation and an ability to work independently.
- To work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills.
In return, we offer you regular reflective supervision from an experienced management team with excellent training opportunities for development.
For an informal discussion, please contact Angela Moore, Fostering Team Manager on 07584 525558.
Achieving for Children have Fixed Start Dates, candidates are advised to prepare for this should a job offer be accepted to ensure eligible continuous service is not affected.
Achieving for Children is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Closing date: 31 January 2021
Interviews: 8 February 2021