Start Date: Immediately
12 month fixed term contract
Wokingham Borough Council have several opportunities available for individuals looking to make a difference as part of the borough’s Covid-19 response.
We are looking to expand our Lateral Flow Testing Team and grow the capacity of our facilities here in Wokingham and are seeking on-site leads for the Programme who will be responsible for:
- Overall site and operational responsibility in the absence of the Project Manager
- Day-to-day management, including performance management
- To open and close the site each day
- To be the point of contact for all on site escalations and incidents
- To support appropriate clinical waste disposal, including liaising with the premise’s site services as required
- To undertake any of the functions within the Lateral Flow Testing site as required; including, but not limited to, Registration, Administration, Testing, Processing, Data Entry & Results, Cleaning
- To determine course of action for non-routine issues referred by other team members
We are looking to recruit staff on fixed term contracts, who will be available to start work immediately. Full training will be provided prior to starting the role. We are looking for individuals who will also have flexibility to do regular Saturday working to enable the service to run efficiently, 6 days per week. The service operates from 8am to 4pm, Monday to Saturday
The Lateral Flow Testing Service has been set up in response to the evolving situation with Coronavirus in the UK. The primary function of the service is to work collaboratively with customers, partners and other stakeholders to reduce the likelihood of outbreaks of COVID-19 through rapid testing (LFT). You may be required to work within our council head office, out in the community or within our schools.
Our fixed term opportunities will initially be for a 12 month period, mostly on a full-time basis (37 hours per week), however as the facility is open on Saturdays we are seeking applications from individuals who would be willing to consider working 6 days a week or working Saturdays on a rota basis. By joining us you will play a valuable role within the council wide response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply, and attach your CV.
Closing Date: This is an open ended advert. Applications will be considered as they are received.
For further information about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.