Brighter Futures for Children
2 years Fixed Term
Brighter Futures for Children has been delivering children's services in Reading since 2018. We've made great strides in that time but we have much more to do. Our communications & marketing team is an essential part of our tone, voice, visibility and reputation within our community.
We are looking for an outstanding Digital Content Manager to take operational (hands-on) responsibility for our activity across all digital media, working to promote our delivery of children's services in Reading.
You will work with the Head of Communications & Marketing and collaboratively with colleagues in the team. You will liaise with colleagues across the company and with our stakeholders across Reading. It's a busy, full on job and the expectation is that you will be able to 'hit the ground running' and fit easily into the small, friendly and hard-working team.
We need your input so we can continue our work at pace. You will be much valued by us and you'll live and breathe our values as well. We work hard but we have fun too and we love nothing more than to bounce ideas off each other and then, collectively, deliver quality, well-targeted pieces of work.
You'll bring great value to the team too. You will provide significant strategic input into the digital delivery of key elements of BFfC's communications & marketing strategy and you'll help us deliver our goals.
- Create, produce and implement digital content for our intranet, four websites, social media and our digital campaigns
- Support our digital communication and marketing initiatives, as well as operational initiatives to improve our interaction with our target audiences
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent and have a recognised communications/marketing qualification and preferably, project management experience
In addition, it is essential that all candidates have:
- Significant experience of working in a communications & marketing team of a similar, not-for-profit organisation, delivering comms & marketing plans as well as multi-channelled campaigns
- Experience of working on a number of high-profile projects simultaneously
- Outstanding proofreading and editing skills, including applying house style
- Experience of using multiple social media sites
- Significant intranet and website content management systems experience
- Effective analytical skills with ability to monitor and evaluate complex information and action change where necessary
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a professional and confident manner and the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, internally and externally with a wide variety of people
- Proficient in the use of productivity suites such as Office 365, Hootsuite, Trello or Canva for work and media databases
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign skills (or, even better, experience of using the full Adobe CC suite)
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines while maintaining high attention to detail.
In return we offer a competitive salary, great benefits, lovely work colleagues and a chance to really make a difference to children and young people's lives.
The role is initially offered as 100% remote working. Once we are able to resume office based working you will be required to come into the Reading office on a set rota basis, with the rest of the team. There will be an opportunity to work in the Reading office more frequently, if you wish to, subject to safe working. Travel to and from the office when attendance is required will be at the successful candidate's own expense.
Please read the full job description and person specification, as well as the content of this advert to ensure you meet the criteria before applying.
For more information about these roles or for an informal discussion please contact: Fiona.Tarrant@brighterfuturesforchildren.org