COVID Community Engagement Officer
Fixed Term to 31st January 2022.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of Sefton Councils response to COVID 19. We are recruiting six Covid Community Engagement Officers on a fixed term basis.
The post holders will engage and educate our communities and businesses on the latest rules and regulations put in place by Government in relation to COVID 19. This will include raising awareness of Covid related requirements and what support is available, the following up of test and trace information and the roll out of vaccine programmes as they become available.
The successful candidate will be required to work a flexible work pattern including evenings and weekends across the borough.
- Help communities and local businesses to understand the guidance around Covid
- Promote test and trace
- Support and promote the take up of vaccines
- Engage with local businesses to ensure compliance with the legislation
- Work with local communities to develop and support the distribution of key messages to keep residents safe
- Escalate incidents of non-compliance
- Support the recovery out of Covid by working with schools, care homes and community groups to address loneliness, isolation and fear
- Remind residents, communities, care homes, schools and businesses of their responsibilities around Covid restrictions and guidance.
- To follow up on contact tracing through door knocking and phones calls.
- Any other duties that may arise in the course of managing the impact of Covid on our communities and businesses.