Pinnacle Group provides people-first, integrated services across a range of community-facing assets and infrastructure – including multi-tenure housing, schools, open spaces, public buildings, utilities and broadband networks – as well as a range of complementary employment and wellbeing outcomes. Across the UK, Pinnacle supports over 300,000 homes, 200 schools and 80 public buildings creating value, providing stewardship and generating positive outcomes for our customers, our partners and our clients.
Our FM business delivers Facilities Management to homes, public and private sector bodies including Registered Providers, schools, universities and blue light statutory authorities. We pride ourselves on placing people at the centre of what we do, while maintaining our values of high quality and excellent customer care.
The overall aim of the School Caretaker role is to ensure that the internal and external school facilities are available, fully functional, Health & Safety compliant.
- Ensure the security and integrity of the school buildings and grounds through locking and unlocking, patrols and monitoring third party lettings
- Carry out day-to –day duties according to daily schedule, i.e., litter picking, sweeping, spot cleaning toilets and refreshing hand towels and toilet paper
- Carry out initial investigations into reactive requests made during the day and making temporary or permanent repairs
- Respond to emergency situations such as floods, bodily fluids and effecting temporary or permanent rectification
- Respond to requests for collection of parcels, movement of furniture rearrangement of rooms etc
- Be observant for H&S issues and ensure that they are rectified or made safe and reported to management
- Where appropriate provide access, escort, liaise with and assist contractors on site to undertake remedial work or Planned Prevented Maintenance
- Carry out minor repairs and decoration works-Participate in cleaning/deep cleaning activities as and when required
- Any other duties that are specific to the school being worked in i.e., swimming pool maintenance.
- Be available for lettings of the premises outside of normal hours
- Participate in providing an out of hours emergency call out service in line with management instructions
- Previous School Caretaking experience desirable
- Range of general handyman skills such as minor plumbing, carpentry, electrical
- Good communication skills
- Amenable and approachable personality
- Ability to liaise with and assist external service providers-Ability to work in a team
- Willingness to learn new skills and undertake training to develop role
- Flexible and adaptable in approach
- Some IT knowledge preferable to enable communication via email and completion of statutory documentation spreadsheets and the use of smart phones
As this role will involve working in school's confirmation of appointment will be subject to completion of a satisfactory Disclosure Barring Service Check.
Pinnacle Recruitment (Services) strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from anyone regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, age, trade union activity, marital status, religious belief or sexual orientation.
We are Armed Forces friendly. We welcome applications from ex-Armed Forces personnel, reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and military spouses/partners.