You can help shape what we look like today. And what we’ll become tomorrow
What makes for a great town? Well, for us it’s about creating a sense of place. A sense of space. It’s also about ideas. What do we need to more of? Less of? And where? These are just some of the things you could be looking at when you join us. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in the community. Which is why this is an organisation that will support you in achieving your ambitions.
What it’s like working in our team…
Bracknell Forest is a great place to live and work and we have high ambitions for the area. The current stage of redevelopment of our town centre is complete with future expansion already being planned within the town centre and beyond. This really is an exciting time to join and be a part of this dynamic and changing organisation.
This new role within our team will look to provide leadership in reviewing and reshaping the Council’s operational property working alongside other property professionals in the Corporate Property team.
Key to our success is our commitment to team working and ongoing development of our high performing, highly engaged workforce.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- The role will be responsible for assessing the property needs of the Council, carrying out options appraisals to recommend solutions to maximise the potential of property assets and delivering property schemes.
- To support and manage a place-based assessment and a needs led review, to rationalise and maximise the council’s property assets.
- To support and manage a review and reconfiguration of the council’s property assets, providing the organisation with a better understanding of the use of our buildings and to recommend options for investment, disposal and income generation
- To support and manage a reconfiguration of property assets for council’s services, taking a holistic view, to improve service provision and enable the release of buildings and parcels of land where possible and appropriate
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great location with excellent travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
What we’re looking for…
We are seeking to appoint an organised, flexible and competent Asset Development Manager who has proven skills and experience in carrying out option appraisals and delivering property development schemes. The successful candidate will have experience in working with local authorities on property propects. This role will require a team player, one who can work with minimal supervision and to tight deadlines.
Interviews will be held on Friday, 12 March 2021.
Want to ask us a question?
Name: Steve Booth
Job Title: Head of Property
Phone Number: 01344 352479
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.